[squeak-dev] Setter: aMorph name: 'theName' Getter: aMorph externalName

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:15:47 UTC 2017

Hello

On 1/19/17, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:

> One of my roles in the Squeak community has been to remember the past.

Recently I was wondering about the names of Morphs.

Setting a name is done with

     aMorph name: 'theName'

To get it back I need to do

     aMorph externalName

Maybe you know the historical reason for it?

-- Hannes

Morphs have basic attributes

Setters:

- #position:
- #extent:
- #color:
- #name:

For the first three attributes getters are labeled the same [1]

For the 'name' attribut it is different. To get the name I have set I
need to use #externalName.

    m := (RectangleMorph new name: 'myRect') openInWorld.

    m name

        'a RectangleMorph<myRect>(115748)'

    m externalName 'myRect'

[1] Slides in markdown format

Morphs have a position
------------------------------------

    Morph new position: 100 at 100; openInWorld; inspect.

In the Inspector

    self position

gives

    100 at 100