[squeak-dev] MQTT, Weather, Pi, ESP8266's and PlotMorph, oh my ( was Re: MQTT for Squeak?)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Mar 5 01:48:53 UTC 2017

So I can now get weather sensor data from my weather station hardware (run by a Pi with some hacked up Python code) and several ESP8266’s (running Arduino code) via MQTT to my Pi3 (running Squeak, of course) and display the data in PlotMorphs.

Here’s the temperatures for the last 24 hrs -

That’s the guestroom, garage and outdoor temps. Note how the guestroom DHT22 sensor aliases because of it’s relatively low precision combined with a mistake in the Arduino code that casts the data to ‘int’ instead of leaving it ‘float'… gotta fix that.

IoT in Squeak is a good thing.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IA: Illogical And