[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-KLC.1318.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 08:16:09 UTC 2017

Hi Ken,

> I can't seem to replicate that on Windows with a 32bit image at least.
> However I found a much more serious issue that appears to have entered with
> jr.1315 which is when trying to quit, a debugger pops up with an MNU for
> PasteUpMorph>>removeModalWindow.  Did you not see that?  This seems to be
> related to a change in the ShutDown behavior around World but the ShutDown
> list is not properly modified.

No, I did not see that.

> Would I have been more correct to submit my change against the latest
> version in the squeak51 Morphic-mt.1296.mcz.

The best is to submit a change based on head revision in trunk.
Basing the change on any ancestor of head is OK, the newer the better to
avoid possible conflicts.
Basing the changes on a branch is not OK, because we either have to merge
the changes of the whole branch, or cherry pick the diff.

> I'm sorry it has been a long time since I have done any Squeaking and to
> say
> that I'm rusty would be an understatement.

No, no need to apologize, it's me who thought that I could push directly to
trunk from web interface without double checking in an image because the
changes were trivial enough. As if I never was caught before by excess of
confidence, despite my age ;)
Anyway, thanks for contributing and welcome back !