[squeak-dev] More Text Ttouble

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:59:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:56 AM, ReliableRobots.com <
reliablerobots at gmail.com> wrote:

> It sounds like Squeak has a parallel to to the Peter Principle - it has
> been promoted to its level of incompetence.    What version uses good old
> ASCII text only? and how do I get it?   I wonder if it would get the job
> done quicker to return to an old computer with GWBasic than to become an
> expert on stuff I do not want to learn which might be done easier in almost
> any other language including the macro language of some word processing
> package?  THE BALLOON IS FALLING, THE BALLOON IS FALLING!  If Ward
> Cunningham's Wki on why Smalltalk is Dead were still open for updates, this
> discovery would make a good addition.

Mature people take responsibility for their failings instead of looking
around for a scapegoat to blame.  of course, the immature approach could
end up getting you elected President of the USA, so don't take my statement
as encouragement to change your ways.  But if you want to use Squeak
effectively you might learn to criticise constructively and think
positively.  You might end up being happier.  Until then keep flailing
about and avoid mirrors.

--
best, Eliot