[squeak-dev] Object>>className

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Mar 24 22:19:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> > P.S.: The whole macpal category of Object should be cleaned up.

what is mapcal after all? and btw, who is 'sw'?

sw is none other than Scott Wallace, of course.  As far as I know, MacPal
was an experimental end-user programming environment, and if I'm not
mistaken, it was conceived and worked on a bit before Squeak got started.
I think Scott and co. were using Squeak to further advance the idea.

This is an informative page I diid not know:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/sigchi/bulletin/1998.2/spohrer.html

I am pretty sure that we had the paper of MacPal (and one on Constructo)
somewhere at our office, but cannot find it...

--
-- Yoshiki