[squeak-dev] RunSingleApp relaunch without file

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Mar 31 15:45:46 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Hopefully a quick question.  If I set RunSingleApp to 1 and I launch with a
registered file that file will be delivered to the running instance.  We
have that working now.  I'm registering a URI protocol to launch with
parameters and that works fine.  Is there any way to get the parameters
into the running instance when launched through a URI or do I need to run
from a file to have that work?  In other words, if I launch using
squeak:run=test&program=foo, or something like that and squeak is already
running and RunSingleApp is set to 1 are the parameters sent to the running
VM?  The URI handler essentially calls squeak.exe run=test&program=foo.

The object is to have a link that sends the parameters from a browser to
launch a client squeak instance or modify a running squeak instance
(through the URI handler).  If not I suppose I could create a handler which
creates a file and launches using that instead.

Thanks!

Ron Teitelbaum