[squeak-dev] Parallel Smalltalk VM needs funding for release

Zak Fenton zak.fenton at outlook.com
Mon May 15 15:43:29 UTC 2017

Hi Aik-Siong.

I'll repost in the other lists too, thanks for the tip.

The VM is demonstrable but I'm a little weary of releasing it too early without documentation or a funding plan, so I haven't done any public demonstrations yet.

So yes and no - I can demonstrate it, but for now you might have to just take me at some screenshots:

http://zakfenton.com/projects/teaser

(Yes, the GUI style is in need of some work. The later screenshots show changing styles on the fly, and the code for it. Also, in the 500 parallel VM test, it's likely that not all are running simultaneously - some will probably finish before others start, but it is at least fairly stable under this kind of load.)

-Zak.