[squeak-dev] Info about OMeta/2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 17 09:53:09 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM, JOHN SARKELA <wiljo at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve been experimenting with OMeta/2. It’s a lot of fun, but there is a
> reference to the undefined method OMeta2Compiler>>from:class:context:notifying.
> I implemented this as an empty method and things appear to be working.
> Could anyone enlighten me as to the intention of this message and why the
> reference to it exists in the code base?

​That message used to be implemented in Compiler and got replaced when we
factored out the state into CompilationCue as part of the introduction of
Environments.​ It's now from:class:notifying:.

​I just tried putting it back as

Compiler>>from: textOrStream class: aClass context: aContext notifying:
aRequestor
"Used by e.g. OMeta2Compiler"
self
setCue: (CompilationCue
source: textOrStream
context: aContext
class: aClass
requestor: aRequestor)
​
​which works but there are more errors (MNU:
OMeta2Compiler>>parseCue:noPattern:ifFail:​) and I don't have time to fix
that one ... I guess we need to update the OMeta package.

- Bert -