[squeak-dev] Browser menu interface to refactorings

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Thu Nov 2 19:30:44 UTC 2017

Am 02.11.2017 7:11 nachm. schrieb "Eliot Miranda" <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:

> Next step would be to build a preview tool that supports add/remove steps
> of a refactoring. For example, a "rename message" might tackle too much
> methods. That is, there is no scoping at the moment.

OK.  We likely definitely want to scope by package(s), right?

Unless you wanted to say "packages, not classes or categories" I do not
think so. Mostly because projects/software is often divided into -Core and
-Tests packages. Or think of -Examples, -Plugins, -Extensions... So I fear
explicit input of the scope (a set of packages) will be required.

Using package dependencies (like in ENVY) would be nice, but they are
unmaintained in Monticello (often only supplied with Metacello).

Oh, and my Environments bell is ringing again... ;-)