[squeak-dev] More pluggable dialog fun (was Re: FileChooser/SaverDialog)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 8 22:25:05 UTC 2017

> On 08-11-2017, at 1:44 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The only problem I noticed is that the dialog  is not resizable and
> this is what you have been discussing so far in this thread.

Yup, this is due to the slightly odd use of the BorderedMorph with resize handles (rather than the over all window having resize ability) combined with how the submorphs of the BorderedMorph (which included those resize handles….) get completely replaced when the directory/file views get added.

> The folder or dirrectory hierarchy is not fully visible if you have
> long directory names.
> Maybe just using a scroll pane for the directory hierarchy would be sufficient.

I get a horizontal scroller for the directory tree - do you?

Here’s a changeset (since the changes cover several packages and I don’t want to update them pointlessly) that adds the multi-column filelist.  If anyone can see how to add movable splitters that would be nice to know. DItto the sort on a column stuff.