[squeak-dev] Smalltalk-78 in a web browser....(on a JavaScript VM)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:39:27 UTC 2017

Hello

Smalltalk-78 (paper [1], video [4]) is available (repository [2])
again as a browser app on a JavaScript VM [5].

My question is about the demo [3]. I tried several times to load it in
a browsser but it took a long time and loading did not finish. Is it
working for others?

And how can I set it up locally? I see no HTML file in the repo [2].

Regards

Hannes

[1] Reviving Smalltalk-78
Dan Ingalls, Bert Freudenberg, Ted Kaehler, Yoshiki Oshima, Alan Kay
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/882

[2] Repository https://github.com/bertfreudenberg/Smalltalk78

[3] https://lively-web.org/users/bert/Smalltalk-78.html

[4] Smalltalk-78 demo video (screen shot and link)
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/880

[5] https://github.com/bertfreudenberg/Smalltalk78/blob/master/vm.js
(4333 LOC)