[squeak-dev] Accessing MYSQL from Squeak

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 20:30:57 UTC 2017

As I was telling Louis, I stopped using the "native" driver when the handshake and authentication protocol changed after version 5é7.x.  The was a way, between version 4.1 and 5.7 to trick MySQL by setting the password using OLD_PASSWORD but it was deprecated with 5.7.  Besides, a few datatype constants and flags changed in the protocol with 5.x.
So the easiest to go was to connect through ODBC.

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

    On Thursday, November 16, 2017, 3:25:14 PM EST, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:

 > I'm also having trouble finding/loading the main MYSQL package.
Hmm.
Colin started this MySQL driver business. But there’s nothing publicly available from him anymore. Whatever tantalus was it’s not at his repo now.
http://source.wiresong.ca/
Try these.
http://www.squeaksource.com/MySQL.htmlhttp://www.squeaksource.com/IOSPersistent.htmlhttp://www.squeaksource.com/MySQLtesting.html
There’s also this long page of chunk format for a driver. Revolting though this page is, it does have the jdm initials which correspond with the Squeak Wiki page about a MySQL driver I gave you previously. It’s probably the accompanying driver for that wiki page.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2007-09/msg00037.html
Chris