[squeak-dev] World/currentWorld and projects

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:18:21 UTC 2017

Hi.

When creating a new project and entering it, I found that World ~= self
currentWorld.
(I found this out by using non-core package that referenced World for some
morphs, and 'normal' morph creation in related code - some of the morphs
showed up in the parent project, and some in the current project.  It was
confusing for a while).

In any case, if you create a new Morphic Project, enter it, and execute
this code, you will see that currentWorld (and ActiveWorld) are not the
same as World:

World "a PasteUpMorph(2434915) [world]"
self currentWorld "a PasteUpMorph(3230487) [world]"
ActiveWorld "a PasteUpMorph(3230487) [world]"

Is this intentional?

-cbc