[squeak-dev] MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 22:05:16 UTC 2017

On 10/8/17, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 09:54:24PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>
>> The sequence of screen shots show a use case.
>>
>> In an EtoysProject (but could be a MorphicProject where instead of
>> TheWorldMainDockingBar a SugarNavigatorBar is shown)
>>
>> - drag out a 'playfield', sticks on the world morph, not moveable
>> - paint a car
>> - you may drag the car around
>> - get the halos of the car
>> - click on the blue viewer halo (a menu color error pops up, screen
>> shot 4b, fix below)
>> - you get a viewer for the sketch (i.e. the car)
>>
>> Not sure if this is the proper way to start working with Etoys .......
>>

> I think I understand now that when I open a normal Etoys image, the first
> playfield that I see (with the car driving around) is just a normal project.

You mean the PasteUpMorph instance of a MorphicProject.

> Is that initial project available as a *.pr file, or on a web site?

You simply drop it in. E.g. download this project
http://etoys.laptop.org/src/Content/ExampleEtoys/CarAndPen.014.pr

Link given by Bert F.

See more http://forum.world.st/Etoys-in-2017-tc4932001.html#a4935405
There is as well a HPI 6.0a Etoys image by Tim Felgentreff for experimenting

see mail there.

> I am
> interested in figuring out how to load it into our trunk Squeak (maybe
> not from a file though, perhaps it could be an initialization method).

File loading mechanism is already in the trunk file

Class
      ProjectLoading

some more material about it earlier in this thread.  'MorphicProject
subclass: #EtoysProject'

> I'm not quite sure how it would work, but I am thinking that when opening
> a new EtoysProject from a "not-Etoys" environment, we could load the intial
> welcome project if it had not previously been loaded.

Yes.

--Hannes