[squeak-dev] MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 10:21:09 UTC 2017

Thank you Dave for reviewing and merging and committing Morphic-hjh.1349.mcz.

One of the next issues is that the loaded Etoys project has a key

    #aboutToLeaveWorld

in the actionMap which causes an error message to  appear when leaving
the project.

Executing

     Project current world actionMap removeKey: #aboutToLeaveWorld

or just

    self world actionMap removeKey: #aboutToLeaveWorld

if not called from a workspace

solves that problem.

But I am not sure if this is the right thing to do and where to put this.

The event mechanism is not used much in Squeak6.0a.  (see thread:
'PasteUpMorph>>#removeModalWindow has been deprecated --- what do we
need to do?', in particular answer by Bob Arning')

Another issue is that

      SugarNavigatorBar showSugarNavigator: true.

needs to be called.

A third question: In which directory should the three projects to preload stay?
( Section 3 on http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6531)

    Smalltalk imagePath

?

--Hannes