[squeak-dev] Transfer of binary data between images

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:42:38 UTC 2017

Yes.
Serialized ReferenceStream .obj files (see attached)
You could transfer huge complex objects (complete 6000+ .html pages of
swiki) between Squeak and Cuis and with some extra work to Pharo too
Or you could convert your JSON to .obj with the attached .mcz and see if
more convenient tranfer JSON or .obj yourself

On 10/20/17, 07:18, "Herbert König" <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,

I want to spread an algorithm over several images. For that I need to

transfer some objects.

For other purposes I already read and write objects
> via JSON files. To
change this to UDP is straightforward. But the conversion
> to JSON and
back takes considerable time, biggest chunk of data is an array
> with floats.

Is there a fast and easy way to transfer objects binary between
> images?
I can transfer only the array of floats (maybe a float array) if that

saves time.

Thanks,

Herbert