[squeak-dev] Transfer of binary data between images

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Oct 20 18:47:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 06:33:28PM +0000, Kjell Godo wrote:
> What about Fuel?

I thought I had already suggested that, but I guess it was in a different discussion:

 http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2017-October/date.html

Yes, Fuel is a good choice for serializing between images. ReferenceStream works well,
but some things do not work with non-positionable streams, whereas Fuel seems to do
a good job with any kind of stream (such as streaming on an OS pipe between two
images).

The Magma serializer is another candidate.

Dave