[squeak-dev] Magic mirror

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 5 18:30:56 UTC 2017

I’ve been musing about making a Pi powered magic mirror for a while. The problem is that the typical software is nasty js/python/php stuff and I really don’t want that. Anyone interested in collaborating on a better way?

See http://michaelteeuw.nl/tagged/magicmirror for a bunch of posts about an early and nicely done exemplar, maybe https://magicmirror.builders and generally google for ‘raspberry pi magic mirror’.

We have JSON reading, MQTT handling, web fetching, morph animating, decent fonts (via Pango & the UnicodePlugin) and even some neat sound abilities. We could very reasonably run on a Pi Zero W, which is actually something that most web browser based code can’t do well. With a usb microphone we might even do Siri/Alexa integration?

tim
Strange OpCodes: PWB: Put to Waste Basket