[squeak-dev] Migrating from SharedQueue to SharedQueue2? (Mantis http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=1375)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:03:18 UTC 2017

> On 9/20/17, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Pharo list has some notes about this in March 2011 and Levente was
> > involved.
> >
> > The issues are no longer accessible, e.g.
> > https://code.google.com/archive/p/pharo/issues/3342

The pharo issue tracker has moved to fogbugz, but one needs to register for
accessing...
If you seek sharedQueue or SharedQueue you'll see a lot of activity

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/3173/SharedQueue-ENH
(was https://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3125)
issue opened for tracking changes in Squeak
Igor claims its atomic-based queues are more robust under
heavy-concurrent-load

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/3390/have-a-look-at-sharedQueue-fixes-from-Levente
(was https://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3342)
issue opened for tracking changes in Squeak
Markus said SharedQueue were replace with SharedQueue2 in Pharo
It's not easy to find in which issue this was done exactly (the close
status are unclear to me)

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/3482/SharedQueue-Fixes
(was https://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3434)
same kind as #3173

etc many other similar issues... and then:

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/4073/Integrating-Atomics
(was https://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4026)
tells that atomics was integrated in Pharo 3.0 originating from
MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Atomics'
    user: ''
    password: ''

so maybe we can just pick current Pharo version along with tests and avoid
more archeology

Nicolas