[squeak-dev] [Newbies] AMB

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Apr 1 16:08:05 UTC 2018

> Thank you for the pointer. I did read the docs, and it's not that I don't
> understand the mechanics of using the class, it's just that I don't
> understand why people are excited about it. I was wondering what it enables
> or makes significantly easier or more powerful that one would bother loading
> a project with just those handful of methods. I have a sense that I'm
> missing some important meaning here…

Well the way I see it is that it allows whole classes of contraint
systems to be handled in a declarative way. That's only one of its
aspect, actually: like all continuation-based construct, it is not too
intuitive at first.

In my own experience, in music composition, I used it for example to
generate the complete set of rhythmic cells of the same length that can
be composed from beats of different values.

Stef