[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cmm.1009.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Apr 3 06:02:57 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

the basic setting in UI themes should accommodate low-DPI setups. We have several thoughts on hi-DPI in the past and, for the moment, we used Squeak's Demo Mode to "kind-of-do" hi-DPI:

Your changes to the Community-Theme kind of disagrees with the inherent characteristics of all other UI themes. Thus, I would advise you to add not only "(dark)" but "(dark, large)" or something like that to its name so people can see right away. :-)

Best,
Marcel
Am 31.03.2018 11:31:45 schrieb Tobias Pape <das.linux at gmx.de>:

> On 31.03.2018, at 01:40, tim Rowledge wrote:
>

>> On 30-03-2018, at 3:48 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>>
>> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cmm.1009.mcz

>> Name: System-cmm.1009
>> Author: cmm
>> Time: 30 March 2018, 5:47:41.207216 pm
>> UUID: fce32aff-3701-47be-9d68-125ede7bed60
>> Ancestors: System-mt.1008
>>
>> Modernize the fonts of my Community Dark theme to better accomodate larger displays.

> Given the fairly wide range of display sizes used these days we should probably find some way to separate size and font/style a bit better.

*snickers*