[squeak-dev] Windows, stdin, stdout

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:17:29 UTC 2018

On 4/6/18, Benoit St-Jean via Squeak-dev
<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
> Is there any way I can start squeak from a command window, *headless*, and
> WITHOUT providing a script and have an interactive application^  Say, for
> instance, my application waits for input and answers back the square of the
> number I type in?
> I've tried a gazillion examples I found and it just doesn't work at all...
> I'm on Windows 10 if that helps.
> I get all kinds of errors : stdout is not open or
> "VirtualProtect(x,y,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE): No error" or missing ', or
> variable out of scope (WHAT?!?!?)...
> In other words, I'm fed up trying.

Ideally searching for 'headless' on the wiki should lead to the
answer. It seems that is does not.

Which wiki pages have you tried so far?

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/search?search=headless&casesensitive=false&and=true

And the same search for the mailing list archive.

On Linux

     man squeak

seems to give a useful answer.

> I could do that stuff in 2 minutes in any other language and this makes me
> sick!

I do not have time to follow up on this at the moment but it is an
important question.
And we can make it work here as well.....

--Hannes