[squeak-dev] Bug: SoundService default is not a class

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 19:52:27 UTC 2018

Hi Marcel, Tobias,
I encountered a bug, when playing a sound, the default SoundService (class
inst var) was not a class (BasedSoundService) but an instance (a
BasedSoundService).

Why?
Because, there is a TileMorphTest>>setUp that remember which is the
default, then tries to restore it in tearDown.
It used to work.

But, in between, SoundService default and defaultOrNil have been re-defined
so as to answer an instance rather than a class.

Thus, when we play the tests, we can no more play the sounds...

I hesitate to open a Mantis issue, no one read nor close them, so the bug
report is only here for the moment.