[squeak-dev] Bug: SoundService default is not a class

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:20:12 UTC 2018

Hi David,
Just a small brook for washing yet another
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules#Fifth_labour:_Augean_stables
;)

My advice would be to inspect the entries updated these last two years, and
if still relevant confirm (or fix) else close.
Fortunately, there are not so much of them.

Then I would close all the rest (resolution = timeout).
Other teams including Pharo have such a policy.

Generally, I hate when my opened issues are closed like that, because I
mostly don't use Pharo, so I consider these as pure gifts.
There is a side effect that I'm not encouraged to report anymore, and I
rarely reopen them, because I have no time to check.
There is no such thing as gift-support-service.

But, in the end, Pharo team is right: accumulation of rotten issues is not
sustainable
- either the issue is important, and it must/will be reopened
- or no one cares and the issue can be closed.

If Heracles himself wants to inspect and resolve the timed-out issues, he
would just have to set a filter with a few clicks.
But there's no hurry, the Augean stables had to wait 30 years...