[squeak-dev] TimeZoneDatabase: Can't Install in Squeak 5.1

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Apr 7 16:16:48 UTC 2018

> On 07.04.2018, at 17:56, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> David T. Lewis wrote
>> there is an undeclared reference to MetacelloMCProject, which does not
>> exist in my image. That may account for the hangups.
>
> Hmm, good point. I thought that the old self-bootstrapping Metacello was
> guaranteed to work in both Squeak and Pharo (and I see that
> ConfigurationOfTimeZoneDatabase has a #squeak platform spec). Maybe I should
> ask on the MetaC ML? Are other Squeakers using Metacello? In 5.1?

Bootstrap Metacello as of https://github.com/Metacello/metacello
"Get the Metacello configuration (for Squeak users)"
Installer gemsource
    project: 'metacello';
    addPackage: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
    install.

"Bootstrap Metacello Preview, using mcz files #'previewBootstrap' symbolic version"
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
  version: #'previewBootstrap') load.

"Load the Preview version of Metacello from GitHub"
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  configuration: 'MetacelloPreview';
  version: #stable;
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:configuration';
  load.

"Now load latest version of Metacello"
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  baseline: 'Metacello';
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:master/repository';
  get.
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  baseline: 'Metacello';
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:master/repository';
  load.

Then do the same as in Pharo
Metacello new
	configuration: 'TimeZoneDatabase';