[squeak-dev] How to yellow click with two buttons without changing mouse settings?

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Apr 21 12:35:09 UTC 2018

Hello,

I downloaded a VM (64 bit Cog Spur Windows) and a fresh trunk image
separately and have not changed any mouse button settings yet (swap
mouse buttons preference is on and neither 1 button mouse nor 3 button
mouse are selected in the VM preferences menu). My notebook does not
have a middle "mouse" button and the right button currently does a
blue click (opens the halo).

In this default setting, is there any way to do a yellow click?

I get the morph menu with ctrl+left click and in list morphs and on
the world I can invoke the menu with the Esc key, but I did not find a
modifier+button combination that would work universally to emulate a
yellow click. Have I missed it?

After disabling swap mouse buttons, right click becomes a yellow
click. But when the preference is on, both right click and alt+left
click produce a blue click. So with a two button mouse it seems that
nothing is actually swapped, but one button is unavailable
altogether...

A simple solution would be to turn the preference off by default.

Kind regards,
Jakob