[squeak-dev] A new Squeak release

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Apr 27 00:43:27 UTC 2018

Hi Edgar,

The Squeak oversight board has been discussing the upcoming release in our
last few meetings, and we would be very happy if you would agree to be the
Release Manager for the next Squeak release.

Overall we are thinking that a new Squeak 5.2 release would make sense if it
can be done in the next two or three months, so this should be our target.

There are also many advances happening in the VM that may lead to a Squeak 6
release some time later, but right now we have a lot of great improvements
in Squeak that deserve to be officially released soon.

Are you still interested and willing to be the release manager for Squeak 5.2?

Thanks in advance,

Dave, on behalf of the Squeak Oversight Board