[squeak-dev] Dynamic essay project MorphLayoutArticle on Bob's SuperSwiki?

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:26:59 UTC 2018

Hi Tim

Implementing your suggestion [1] worked to make
MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr load into
Squeak 3.8.1, see screen shot.

What I aiming at next  at is to load it into Squeak 6.0a trunk. I
assume this should be possible quite easily because of the
enhancements done last year [2][3].

Regards
Hannes

[1] Extend #initKnownRenames

SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
	renamed
          at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
		at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
		yourself

made MorphLayoutArticle.019.pr to load.

[2] 6502 format
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6502

ImageFormat of the interpreter Virtual Machine.
May be loaded transparently into Squeak 6.0a through the help of
LegacyImageSegment.

[3]
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6579
LegacyImageSegment
A new class introduced in March 2017 in Squeak 6.0a to enable the

More see Smalltalk imageFormatVersion  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/873