[squeak-dev] Finishing 5.2 (was Re: Project for 'after 5.2 release')

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Aug 13 01:14:28 UTC 2018

> On 12-08-2018, at 5:57 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Edgar's suggestion of 1024x768 is a sensible one.  One could indent by 32 at 32 to allow for host menu bars etc.

Yes, but IIRC the VMs usually do some OS calls to find the display metrics and then reduce the header-requested size if needed. So *if* the build machines have some setting that is small - as one might imagine on a headless build server? - then you get screwed. I think. My exemplar here is what happens on a Pi when you use vnc to connect to it but the display size preference is unset - the default is a completely useless 320x240 or similar that is too small for the UI tools that would reset that size. Catch 11 (that's Catch 22 when it's half the size you need).

tim
Oxymorons: Sanitary landfill