[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-mt.404.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:55:04 UTC 2018

Welcome back Marcel!

This is a good time for me to ask the community a favor again.  To
think of and maintain Squeak's ancestry as an artifact we care about,
a representation of the community's list of hand-selected
improvements, *and nothing more*, whilst letting the Inbox be the
"infinite black hole" for proposals and discussions.

I'm only asking that we not deliberately pose questions or early
proposals directly in trunk, because it's pretty much 100% guaranteed
to end up as a garbage version in the ancestry.  Dave Lewis recently
added a new button on the MC Repository browser to also help with this
called "Reparent".  It's the same as Adopt, except it makes the
selection the *sole* parent.  Since then we had a version go into
trunk that had a halt left in it, that is a case where that button
would be useful.

I sincerely appreciate your understanding, folks.  The size and
quality of Squeak's ancestry is worth caring about.

Regards,
  Chris