[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-mt.404.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:44:29 UTC 2018

Hey Marcel,

> <offtopic> Anyway, there is no such thing as "garbage version in the
> ancestry". This is not George Orwell's 1984 where people dictate or rewrite
> history. History becomes what has happened. If a database (back-end) or
> algorithm gets confused with this kind of events, then that database has to
> be fixed. Not the data. :-) Just my two cents. </offtopic>

There is a such thing as "quality data" and "log data", and neither
are Orwellian (I don't find such accusation a very productive
argument).

Please be cognizant of the impacts of junk commits.  Trying to turn
the trunk ancestry into a tape-recorder of our entire dev history is a
huge mistake.   My backend db can handle it fine, it's everywhere else
that it taxes people (their disk, RAM, CPU, and network).

Best,
  Chris