[squeak-dev] ancestry vs. log

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Dec 5 06:48:34 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

yes, everybody should be thoughtful with their commits. Such tools can help
repair slips in the process. We need them; we make should use them.

However, keep in mind that quality assessment of any commit can be highly
subjective. We've seen it in the past, we'll see it in the future. If one
Squeaker is not happy with an idea of another Squeaker, there will always be
room for discussion to move forward in a calm way.

Consequently, there is no way to "fix" this challenge for all eternity. It
will always be there. Some commits will make some Squeakers more happy than
others. That's the history we want to record and preserve.

Best,
Marcel

Chris Muller-4 wrote