[squeak-dev] Project thumbnail morph loss in 5.2?

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 07:47:13 UTC 2018

On 28/11/18 1:28 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:

> I did World menu->open->morphic project.  (I can enter it and return, or
> not enter it at all, and it has no effect on what I'm reporting here.)
>
> I then menu-clicked inside the project's thumbnail and chose "see if
> server version is more recent."
>
> This brings up a chooser dialog and makes the project thumbnail morph
> disappear.

The project view morph is enclosed in a system window which gets hidden
while displaying a progress dialog to check on server. If the dialog is
dismissed, it continues to stay hidden :-(. I suspect this is because

ProjectViewMorph>>checkForNewerVersionAndLoad
      self withProgressDo: [
	project loadFromServer
      ]

loadFromServer displays a progress bar when required, so I wonder why
withProgressDo: is required again. If I remove this check and change to

	project loadFromServer

then the problem gets solved. I don't know enough about project loading
to confirm if this is indeed the correct solution.

Regards .. Subbu