[squeak-dev] CompiledMethod>>#valueWithReceiver:arguments: deprecated implementation?

patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 11 14:39:29 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

a while back we discovered the following method with a comment:

CompiledMethod>>#valueWithReceiver: aReceiver arguments: anArray
	"This should be changed after the release of Squeak 4.3 to
		^self class receiver: aReceiver withArguments: anArray executeMethod: self"
	^ aReceiver withArgs: anArray executeMethod: self

Is the comment still valid? Should this be changed? I changed it in my image and have not seen any problems. Also the Kernel-Methods tests are running fine. Does anyone know more about the comment?

Bests
Patrick