[squeak-dev] Another modal dialogue issue (was Re: inescapable modal dialog in trunk)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 17 19:20:28 UTC 2018

Possibly related functionally but certainly by subject area -
the modal dialogues I build for the file chooser etc are 'violated' by a yellowbuttonmenu IF you haven't turned off yellowbutton menus. Not noticed before because my normal preferences do just that; this time I tried some stuff in a very vanilla image and spotted the problem.

Open a file chooser. cClick about a bit to make sure it is live. Click yellow button; you can now wander off and click in other windows - you've killed the modal nature of the dialog. You can 'return' by simply clicking in the dialog again.

(I just noticed that using the halo does the same.)
Turn off 'generalizedYellowButtonMenu' in the preferences and you don't get the (non-halo) problem.

tim
Spell checkers at maximum!  Fire!