[squeak-dev] Rendering a text along an arc

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 31 19:29:50 UTC 2018

> On 2018-12-31, at 11:20 AM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What the intent looks like is to avoid the #adjustRightX if the wrapFlag is not set - which is causing the error(s), at least when I tried it.

Yup, that's the only visible difference - unless of course it turned out that the *order* of sending messages was important here. Occasionally that justifies special cases, but even then, an #isKindOf: is justification for a slapped wrist at the least.

> Another alternative might be to implement TextOnCurve>>adjustRightX to be a no-op (with a suitable comment) so that it didn't do anything in this case. Then the isKindOf: could go away.

Yup.

tim
Cap'n!  The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!