[squeak-dev] ClockAndCalendarMorphs project on SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 2 02:57:25 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 10:01:11AM -0500, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> >Hi Lou,
> >I have admin access to squeaksource.com, so I think that I can delete the
> >"ClockAndCalendarMorp" one if you would like me to do so. You may be able to
> >do it yourself too (one would hope, given that it is your project! ). Check
> >and see if you have a "Delete Project" option under the "Actions" in the upper
> >left of the screen when you enter the project. If that is not possible let me
> >know and I will get rid of it for you.
>
> >> I made a few changes.  The latest version is ClockAndCalendarMorphs-LL.3.mcz.
> >
> >Just for the sake of maintaining the version history, it would be good if you
> >can put a copy of your original ClockAndCalendarMorphs-LL.2.mcz into the new
> >repository also. I can help if you do not have an easy way to do that.
>
> >Dave
>
> I was going to try again to remove the ill named project but decided that your point about
> version history may have some validity.  So, if you can please move any old versions to the new
> project and then delete the old project, that will be best.  There may be two old versions as I
> did try to upload a version 1 that timed out.

Hi Lou,

I will be travelling and I may not be able to follow up on this for a few days,
but in the mean time here is how you can copy ClockAndCalendarMorphs-LL.2 into
your new repository.

Assuming you have an image with a Monticello browser open, and that you have
both the old ClockAndCalendarMorp repository and your newer ClockCalendarMorphs
repository that will replace it, then do this:

- From the Monticello browser, select the ClockAndCalendarMorp repository and
click the "Open" button to open it.

- Select the ClockAndCalendarMorphs-LL.2 in the newly opened repository browser,
and then click the "Copy" button.

- This will open a a menu of repositories to copy it to. Highlight your new
ClockCalendarMorphs repository in the list, and click the "Choose" button.

This will copy the MCZ from the old repository to the new one, and when
you refresh the browser on the new repository, you should see it there.

> Also, if you understand how dependencies work, please explain it to me or point me to something
> I can read so that I can set them up.  I think, as I'm sure you do, that it is important for
> people to know just what packages are needed so they don't get avoidable errors that confuse
> things unnecessarily.
>
> I'm going to add some comments to the project description that I hope will help but real
> specified dependencies would be better.  Thanks.

I don't know about the dependencies configuration, but other people are
providing good answers :-)

Dave