[squeak-dev] [squeakland] Time to Vote!

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:16:25 UTC 2018

Hi All,

    Jeremy's thoughtful message below prompts me to suggest that we add two pages to Squeak.org, one for the election and another for members of the community to add mini bios with optional links to more extensive information, similar to the Pharo contributors list at https://pharo.org/about.

In fact, given that we have http://squeak.org/board/, why don't we have two versions, one for normal and one for the election period?  We could add arguments for voting to persuade people like Jeremy that voting can be done for arbitrary reasons, as in any election, and that voting turnout is used to estimate active community size, and so we'd much rather have an ill informed or irrational vote than no vote at all :-)