[squeak-dev] ClockAndCalendarMorphs project on SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 4 16:54:31 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 09:22:31AM -0500, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Maybe you can answer a few questions for me.  When I look at the Monticello "Registration"
> information of other projects they have the "user" and "password" fields as blank or 'squeak'.
> My projects have "user" as 'LL'.  I'm not sure how they got this way, I expect it was filled in
> and I just went with it.  Does this mean anything?  Does it make it harder for people to
> download the project?  Should I change it?

Hi Lou,

Your project setup looks fine to me. People can see your files and load
them without any user or password, and only you (LL) and save new versions
into your repositories.

I think that (as you say) the user LL that you see is a convenience. For
comparison, when I look at your project through the web interface, I see
this if I am not logged in to squeaksource:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ClockCalendarMorphs'
    user: ''
    password: ''

After I log in as dtl, it looks like this:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ClockCalendarMorphs'
    user: 'dtl'
    password: ''

So indeed it looks like a convenience, so that if I cut and paste
that registration information into a Monticello browser in my image,
it will already have my user initials.

Dave