[squeak-dev] Trunk update works again (Re: Kernel-nice.1127 freezes image (was Another missing snapshot: SmallLand-ColorTheme-fbs.6))

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Mon Feb 5 15:19:47 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I went ahead and removed update-nice.422 from the Trunk. The only
difference between update-nice.422 and update-bf.422 was that the former
included Morphic-mt.1350 while the latter referenced Morphic-dtl.1374.
This was a significant difference, because after loading Morphic-mt.1350,
Object >> #currentHand and friends were temporarily removed from the
image, which somehow resulted in the removal of the UI process without an
emergency evaluator ever appearing. I think that's something to be
investigated.

After this change, I could successfully update the latest Trunk image
available on files.squeak.org.

I could do this removal only because the members of the Squeak Oversight
Board group on source.squeak.org have not been updated since 2016. For the
very same reason, Nicolas couldn't have done this change.

Levente