[squeak-dev] Trunk update works again (Re: Kernel-nice.1127 freezes image (was Another missing snapshot: SmallLand-ColorTheme-fbs.6))

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:54:43 UTC 2018

Hi Eliot,
the process you are proposing is not necessary.
Bert modified mcm process so that changes are grouped, avoiding most
load-order problems we had previously.

The problem here was that I was working on a different feature requiring a
mcm (I think due to a postscript or something like that).
Normally, I update all the packages from the image version or the
repository version when publishing an update map.
But this time I didn't, I think because I experienced time-out when trying
to do so...
So I manually updated only the part I was working on (Kernel), thus the
mistake...