[squeak-dev] Raven and Squeak-E (was Re: Fw: Re: [ReviewRequest 2] Error-handling and use of `future`)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Sun Feb 18 17:19:09 UTC 2018

Hi Henry,

On 02/18/2018 03:02 PM, henry wrote:
> Cryptography,

I loaded Cryptography-rww.115.mcz from Squeaksource.

> ParrotTalk,

ParrotTalk-rww.19.mcz, also from the Squeaksource Cryptography project.

I think this is the piece I was missing before.

> STON suitable for Squeak,

I installed ConfigurationOfSton from
http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/STON, and executed

  ConfigurationOfSton load.

This gets stuck trying to retrieve Metacello (!) from seaside.gemstone.com.

I abandoned loading STON for now.

> then load Raven (which was SqueakE).

I loaded Raven-HenryHouse.21.mcz, also from the Squeaksource
Cryptography project, and it seemed to load OK (barring the missing STON
classes!). Hooray!

Thank you. I'll explore a little.

Tony