[squeak-dev] [ANN] Erlang-style Actors for Squeak

Kjell Godo squeaklist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:45:16 UTC 2018

so i am not a developer i guess so i guess that means i can be ignored
     if i understand the way this works correctly
but this is an announcement so i take a chance at annoying devs
     respectfully
i may be clueless about these things
     totally     to boot royally
     so i have to assk     maybe to find out more about these rules of
morality
     if anyone happens to step into this pile of plurality by accidental
duality
     hopefully it’s not too smelly nor needs no scraping off of the foot ok
enough

So how do i connect from MoosePharo to Squeak to make use of this Actors
for Squeak?
I have an Actors for Pharo Package loaded into Moose. Any overlap?

I am interested in connecting different languages or images together
     anything spring to mind? it seems like there are a lot of ways to do
this
     Are there any Packages that spring to mind?
Oh i guess Actors for Squeak doesn’t do multi images.  But maybe Raven can
help.
The idea seems to be to show Actors interacting graphically.
Could this be used to show ErLang Actors interacting graphically?
Is this something ErLangers would want? or do they already have something
     And if so then how to connect ErLang to Squeak
if there was is or i made a patchwork of interlingua connectors then
     having a graphical way of looking at it seems like a good thing

( i am using Moose because when i try to load Roassal into Pharo it fails (
i think i tried twice once recently ) also i like the Moose thing although
i don’t seem to be able to really make it work for me and i guess it’s big )