[squeak-dev] Serious garbage/storage leak issue with MCInfoProxy

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 20 18:06:36 UTC 2018

> On 20-02-2018, at 9:06 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> If you would put it in #passivate or #lookUnfocused, then the cache would not work for moving and re-focusing windows anymore. :-) I do not have more data to support my claims here. :-(
>
> Updating the shadow for a 2516 at 1378 window takes 350 milliseconds on my, rather fast, machine.

Well therein lies the crux of the problem; why does it take so long and use so much memory? So far as I can see (on a 17650 image) the dropshadow form is the size of the entire window as expanded by the shadow offsets. That seems a bit excessive in size, build-time and display time. Surely the typical case would need 2 skinny Forms?

tim
Useful random insult:- He has a tenuous grip on the obvious.