[squeak-dev] Serious garbage/storage leak issue with MCInfoProxy

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Feb 21 08:05:03 UTC 2018

Just for the record: Hibernate/Unhibernate takes roughly the same time as to recompute a drop show for 2546 at 1392. It reduces the form's bits size to about 0.004 % because most of the shadow form are zeros. Thus, the would be only a small gain to choose "hibernate" over "discard".

Not sure about all the BitBlt magic, but we could split the shadow form into multiple forms to reduce memory load. Yet, last time I checked, it took much longer so blit many forms for the shadow instead of one.

Best,
Marcel