[squeak-dev] Seaside fails to load onto Squeak5.1

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 21:23:32 UTC 2018

Hi Vaidotas,

> On 21.02.2018, at 12:30, Vaidotas Didžbalis <vaidasd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Please advise, is it still possible to load Seaside these days? I cleared cache used v5.1 stock image and the script bellow fails on step #3, log attached.
> Thank you.
> Vaidotas
>

> Installer gemsource
>     project: 'metacello';
>     addPackage: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
>     install.
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
>   version: #'previewBootstrap') load.
>

> (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
>     configuration: 'Seaside3';
>     repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>     version: #stable;
>     load: 'OneClick'.

This is almost correct.
However, the Metacello version loaded with #previewBootstrap may not know about 5.1, so this should work:

"Get the Metacello configuration (for Squeak users)"
Installer gemsource
    project: 'metacello';
    addPackage: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
    install.

"Bootstrap Metacello Preview, using mcz files (#'previewBootstrap' symbolic version"
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
  version: #'previewBootstrap') load.

"Load the Preview version of Metacello from GitHub"
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  configuration: 'MetacelloPreview';
  version: #stable;
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:configuration';
  load.

"Now load latest version of Metacello"
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  baseline: 'Metacello';
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:master/repository';
  get.
(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
  baseline: 'Metacello';
  repository: 'github://Metacello/metacello:master/repository';
  load.

(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
    repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';