[squeak-dev] Survey: what do you do with Squeak, what do you *want* to do?

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Fri Feb 23 19:35:48 UTC 2018

tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> Thanks for all the fascinating responses so far - please keep them
> coming! I need to be able to draw some conclusions...

The first time I saw Squeak was when I downloaded it on my Macintosh LC475.
With no earlier experience in Smalltalk I found it impossible to create
classes and methods. I few years later
I started using Squeak with Seaside after Marcus Denker presented it on the
CCC congress in Berlin in 2007. It finally presented me with the
abstractions I had been missing for reasonable web development. With Diego
Lont we build an application for a startup that we then deployed on Glass.
With Seaside and Moose moving their primary development to Pharo that
became my main platform. I often look back and compare how things are
between Pharo and Squeak to see what got lost in translation and find good
examples.

Stephan Eggermont