[squeak-dev] https

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:17:42 UTC 2018

Tobias,

I did as you suggested and here's the console output for the danluu link:

qConnectSSL: 0x9c6cb50
sqConnectSSL: Setting up SSL
sqSetupSSL: setting method
sqSetupSSL: Creating context
sqSetupSSL: Disabling SSLv2 and SSLv3
sqSetupSSL: setting cipher list
sqSetupSSL: No root CA given; using default verify paths
sqSetupSSL: Creating SSL
sqSetupSSL: setting bios
sqConnectSSL: Setting connect state
sqConnectSSL: BIO_write 0 bytes
sqConnectSSL: SSL_connect
sqConnectSSL: sqCopyBioSSL
sqCopyBioSSL: 297 bytes pending; buffer size 4096
sqConnectSSL: 0x9c6cb50
sqConnectSSL: BIO_write 7 bytes
sqConnectSSL: SSL_connect
sqConnectSSL: SSL_connect failed
3075761856:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:757:

Thanks,
Phil

On Jan 3, 2018 8:37 AM, "Tobias Pape" <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

hi Phil

> On 22.12.2017, at 21:29, Phil B <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tobias,
>
> I saw there was a recent change to the VM related to this issue so I
downloaded a recent build from bintray (specifically the cogspurlinuxht 32-
and 64-bit builds dated 201712142058) and tried them out on Debian 9.
Unfortunately, this didn't seem to change very much for me (the majority of
pages I was getting -5 on, I still do)

> Here are a few sample urls I was having problems with:
> https://blog.jessfraz.com/post/containers-zones-jails-vms
> https://blog.keras.io/the-future-of-deep-learning.html
> https://danluu.com/cpu-bugs

Thanks for the List, I'll have a look.

In the meantime, could you please:

 - run squeak from the terminal
 - change SqueakSSL>>initialize to the following:

initialize
        "Initialize the receiver"

        handle := self primitiveSSLCreate.
        self logLevel: 1.

 - use webclient to GET one of the URLs.

The stderr will show some information which may be helpful here.

Best regards
        -Tobias