[squeak-dev] Animation

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Jan 12 10:20:42 UTC 2018

Hi, there.

You have to be in a "AnimMorphicProject" so that the animations can run. Enter such a project via "AnimMorphicProject new enter" or via the Squeak menu.

Best,
Marcel
Am 12.01.2018 11:14:40 schrieb Hilaire <hilaire at drgeo.eu>:
Hi,

I have been trying the Animation package[1] wtih Squeak5.1. I can't get the animation to work, it immediately terminate:
| myMorph | myMorph := Morph new topLeft: 100 at 100; extent: 400 at 400; openInWorld. myMorph fadeOut.

Looks like the animation registry does not exist:
register     AnimAnimationRegistry value         ifNil: [self finish]         ifNotNil: [:registry | registry register: self].

AnimAnimationRegistry value always returns nil. Did not see code to instantiate a singleton one.
Code was load through local filetree repo. Can't get the Metacello preview get installed when following instructions[2]. But it is another problem.
Thanks
Hilaire

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/animations [https://github.com/hpi-swa/animations]

[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work [https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work]