[squeak-dev] Updating the bits of a window

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 15 18:41:11 UTC 2018

For something that cpu intensive how about sticking a deliberate yield in the cycle somewhere so the rest of the system can do some work? That would help provide some chance of catching an interrupt key, something I faintly recall being a bit of a pain under the sim.

Perhaps a yield in the sim code for the process check?

The classic simple approach is #doOneCycle, assuming morphic is in use. If you want to get all low-level and brutal you could use DisplayScreen>>#forceToScreen I guess.

tim
Useful random insult:- Thinks "Private Enterprise" means owning a personal starship.